"Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith. Examine yourselves..." -Corinthians 13:5 (HCSB)
The New Year celebration is a time of reflection. I would encourage you to set some personal spirtual goals for your walk with Christ this year. Here is a list of 16 excellent questions to reflect on and ask yourself in 2016. Please note that Don Whitney is to be given credit for writing these questions, and I couldn’t think of a better way to phrase them.
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in 10 years? In eternity?
11. What's the most important decision you need to make this year?
12. What area of your life most needs simplifying, and what's one way you could simplify in that area?
13. What's the most important need you feel burdened to meet this year?
14. What habit would you most like to establish this year?
15. Who is the person you most want to encourage this year?
16. In what area of your life do you most need change, and what will you do about it this year?
Happy New Year!